This Sunday is the last day for our Double Up for a Buck. So now is the time to stock up for your Halloween party. New to our sale are two very well made French wines: Les Argelieres Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Both of these wines will run you $8.00 per bottle with our sale which is a great deal for good French wine.
The Chardonnay is well balanced with notes of apple, pear, a hint of pineapple and creamy vanilla pudding. There is just enough oak to give it heft for enjoying with cream laden dishes such as corn and potato chowder. The Pinot Noir is a bit heavier and darker than many of the traditional French Burgundies, but make no mistake, this is not a jammy fruit bomb either. This Pinot has very good balance with plenty of lively raspberry, cherry fruit with slight birch beer and wet earth notes. Try this with sweet and spicy Sloppy Joes for a solid Halloween pairing.
Get here soon to take advantage of this sale because it ends on Sunday.
Last year I put a scary movie quote quiz in my Halloween blog. This year I’m doing another with brand new questions.
1. I see dead people.
2. I’m your biggest fan!
3. They’re here!
4. You will die in seven days.
5. Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep!
6. Sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead.
7. Look at me Damien, it’s all for you!
8. When the music stops, you’ll see him in the mirror standing behind you.
9. They’re all going t o laugh at you.
10. I think you’re the cause of all this. I think you’re evil! Evil!
A. The Conjuring
C. The Others
D. Nightmare on Elm Street
E. The Sixth Sense
G. The Birds
H. The Omen
J. The Ring